Thursday, March 03, 2011

Lost strength only epheremal

Last year's forearms now am weaker! (V prob 12 maybe 13 was climbing last year though no problems outside just wall, V10 on rock) to V0 now haha! So quick to gain, so quick to lose. Was starting to get stronger oh well! I had a great season last season, lots of personal success, but I wished for a bit more, which means I have things to look forward to.


...Post surgery, post depression, I have only lost my strength temporarily. My veins are still waiting to get back with my Missouri streams (Missouri has over 110,000 miles of them, isn't that amazing?) Most new great bouldering in Missouri is alongside these intermittent streams. My drawings from last season are making me impatient. Well, we are going exploring in 3 days for the first days of this new season! And to think two weeks ago the doctor screwed titanium screws into my toe bones! I have to be careful to not overdo it, walking. And I shouldn't and won't climb for a few more weeks.


Black and blue feet just 2 weeks ago. Now though all is healing!




Change canoe to raft with oars. Better. The water is high now likely and roaring. Keeping logistics simple to go check them out, and saving canoeing for other trips. No need to class 5 if can go inbetween the rapids and just row across to boulders. These appear-to-be special boulders I spotted last season are isolated and hard to access on the south side of the river. The rock is impeccable. North side boulders I put up several new lines, one semi-highball, this past summer. My buddy Jim Thurmond showed me here. I have been further exploring and finding great stuff. What great granite bouldering!


What a great line this is! Was super happy last summer to climb it in a day.

I refer to it as "The Block", I think Greg keeps calling it "Big Block". It is a rather few big moves, not super
hard, hard enough just perfect. Here it is overgrown upon discovering it (Thanks Jim!)




...So I better start getting fit. Isn't it grand that we have these weird, working living machines called bodies that are really essentially machines? I think it's great, and I may even be attracted to yours, if you're a female and kindof cute. Perhaps our mechanisms ... ok I quit now. Yes, its been a long winter. New bouldering, Missouri. Several secret areas, overlooked areas, and boulders at popular areas, with more boulders to discover. Psyched. Bouldered hard for 8 months straight last year, was burnt out by the time I needed surgery, started hiking before the knife. Glad I've been getting plenty of rest, doing other things, though its a bit boring to not be climbing! Climbing or no climbing right away, I can't wait to get my toes better enough to begin trail running and great hiking. As compared to last year, where I was super fit and aggro, doing some ridiculous moves on walls and underachieving on rock, not trying hard enough things, I've been pretty darn lazy the past 3 months, doing nothing at all! 

Good friends and bouldering I look forward to very soon, sharing many of my solo experiences from last year. Big boulders here we come next week! We need a boat for place number 1. So tomorrow, we buy one. Check. Next week, we shall paddle across the river. Check. And then we will walk from here! Memory in hand. And compass and pencil. Sure, GPS. Who ever said all I do is wander in the forests or unname boulder problems?

April here I come!

No comments: